Friday, March 21, 2008

Artemis Fowl book two: The Arctic Incident

I gave this book a rating of 4 beans. It's the second book in the series so far. It's the continued story of a thirteen year old boy who is a complete genius and criminal mastermind. He runs into the fairies again in this book and they try to save his father who was thought to be dead. The first book had to earn it's way up to a four bean rating. But this book was four beans all the way through. Look for the third book on the list soon. I have started reading it. It will probably be on in a few days if I have enough time for reading (I better have some time!!!).

1 comment:

The Blairs said...

Hi Beans, I teach Language Arts to 8/9th graders. I will tell them about your blog. My eighth grade students read The Outsiders, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, The Diary of Anne Frank, and the Pigman for their novels while my ninth graders read The Odyssey, Romeo and Juliet, The Giver, and Princess Bride for their literature study. Even though I have read the Harry Potter series, and Aragon, Eldest, etc., I don't like fantasy very much. I prefer other choices like the Utah Beehive books. Some I just finished reading are Girl in a Cage by Jane Volen and Robert Harris based on a true incident in Scotland in the 1400's where a princess was captured and put in a cage outside! If you like retold fairy tales, I read Golden by Cameron Dokey about the true story of Rapunzel. One of my favorite Beehive fantasy adventure stories is Airborne. Signed, An old lady English teacher